The Chelmsford Urology Partnership provides a urological service for GPs and patients that mirror the NHS practices of Bill McAllister, Martin Nuttall and Danny Swallow.
Common problems seen at The Chelmsford Urology Partnership include:
- Male and female Urinary Ttract Infections and recurrent infections.
- Problematic Urinary Frequency, Nocturia and , Urinary Leakage
- Urodynamic evaluationusing urodynamic assessment as needed.
- PSA management
- Haematuria assessment.
- Urinary obstruction (often in men due to BPH).
- Urinary retention often requiring GyrusTURP.
- Assessment of Prostate Cancer Risk using PSA and clinical examination.
- Ureteric or Kidney Stone Disease requiring treatment including Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy and endoscopic laser surgery (Ureteroscopy).
- Kidney Tumours often requiring Keyhole (Laparoscopic) Surgery or Cryotherapy / Partial Nephrectomy.
- Management of chronic pain conditions in the testis, bladder pain (interstitial cystitis), and prostatitis.
- Assessment of testicular lumps for cancer risk and definitive treatment.
- Andrology including erectile dysfunction, changes in libido and penile problems affecting intercourse
- Male contraception – vasectomy and reversal of vasectomy.
- Assessment of urinary problems in neurological patients after stroke or multiple sclerosis.
The Chelmsford Urology Partnership ensures timely assessment and advice in clinic. If treatment is required, procedures are carried out using the latest evidence based medical technology.
By working together at the Chelmsford Urology Partnership, Bill McAllister, Martin Nuttall and Danny Swallow have easy and rapid access to second opinions and comprehensive on call coverage. We also work closely with colleagues in radiology, anaesthesia and pathology who specialise in urological problems.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Bill, Martin and Danny can offer assistance to help with your practice's Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program, please contact us if you would like further information or to arrange an appointment.
The purpose of the Chelmsford Urology Partnership has always been to improve the service we can provide to all our patients, whether NHS or private. Through talking to GPs, we know that easy access to consultant advice for GPs is an essential component of such a service.
Working as a team, we can provide an email advice service. GPs have access to a Consultant for advice and to discuss patient concerns. As well as using this service for urgent referrals, GPs can contact us to discuss urological problems that may simply benefit from advice or a joint management plan.